Free to all doctors
· Robotics: Prostate & Kidney Surgery / Hip & Knee replacements / Head & Neck Surgery
· Suture – skin cancer excision & treatments
· Recent Advances: Cervical Screening / Hearing loss rehab / AF Management & Anticoagulants
· Cannabis update: History, chemistry & formulations / availability / clinical perspective
· End of life care: Resuscitation Plan 7 Step Pathway
Enquiries can be made by email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 08 8361 0105
Avant ACMA 2017
If you are newly fellowed, discounts on professional indemnity are available from Avant.
Further to our earlier notice, an application form has now been finalised and ready for use.
IMG Joint Education Support Program 4 June 2017
ACMA would like to congratulate committee member and former ACMA President A/Prof William Tam on his successful election as AMA(SA) President.
He took over from Dr Janice Fletcher as of the AMA(SA)’s annual Charity Gala Dinner on Saturday 13 May (photos below).
His role in the AMA(SA) Council goes as far back as 2012, and he had previously served as the representative for Physicians, AMA(SA) Executive Board member and as Vice President.
He graduated from Adelaide University in 1993, and did his fellowship in Middlesex Hospital (London), receiving an honorary lectureship at the University of London. His PhD was on reflux disease and Barrett’s oesophagus. He learned advance endoscopic techniques in Tokyo and Amsterdam, and is proficient in EUS and ERCP. He received his Fellowship from the Royal Australasian College of Physicians in 2000. In 2012, he was awarded honorary professorship at the Beijing PLA General Military Hospital.
He received his Associate Professorship at University of Adelaide and continues to be active in clinical research, teaching and endoscopic training, and has participated in the World Gastroenterology Organisation sponsored teaching program in Fiji. He has received grants from CSIRO, Cancer Council and NHMRC.
He is a state reference member for the Australian National Bowel Cancer Screening Program, an Executive Committee member of the Australia & New Zealand Endoscopy Leaders Forum, and is chair-elect of the Australian Gastrointestinal Endoscopy Association.
Clinically, he works as an gastroenterologist and interventional endoscopist at the Royal Adelaide Hospital, Lyell McEwin Hospital, Calvary Hospital and Northern Endoscopy Centre. He has provided outreach specialist services to Broken Hill and Kangaroo Island as well.
A/Prof Tam has been a longstanding member of ACMA, having joined as a student and has held the posts of President, Treasurer, and Education portfolios, organising the ACMA ASM since 2006.
Please join us in heartily congratulating A/Prof William Tam!
Dear ACMA-SA Members,
Announcing a Joint Educational Support Program for International Medical Graduates.
This joint initiative is a collaboration by
· South Australian Indian Medical Association (SAIMA)
· Pakistani Medical Association of South Australia (PMASA)
· Bangladesh Medical Society of South Australia (BAMSSA)
· South Australian Sri Lankan Doctors Association (SASDA)
· Australian Chinese Medical Association – SA (ACMA)
· Northern Health Network (NHN)
This FREE program is designed to provide help and support to International Medical Graduates (IMG’s) in South Australia who are working towards entering the Australian Health Care System.
FREE IMG Membership is available via SAIMA, PMASA, BAMSSA & SASDA. Enquiries for IMG membership to be directed to Tracey DiBartolo. Email email@example.com Phone 08 8361 0105
· The program will be made up of thirteen x 3 hour sessions
· First session scheduled for Sunday 4 June 2017
· Final session scheduled for Sunday 10 December 2017
Session topics include
· Communication, consultation and physical examination skills
· Women’s Health
This FREE program is open to current registered IMG members of any of the Associations listed above.
For IMG membership enquiries, please contact Associations Secretariat Ms Tracey DiBartolo
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
By phone: 08 8361 0105
To participate in this FREE educational program Register your Expressions of interest NOW
By email: MHembram@northernhealth.net
By Phone: 08 8209 0700
Sorry, there are currently no upcoming events.
View a list of current committee members and past presidents on our ACMA (SA) Committee page.